Let your imagination run wild this Christmas by making your own, homemade gifts. Kids can create holiday decorations and use their imagination.
Making an Advent Calendar
Great List of Christmas Crafts at Kaboose
Christmas Crafts for the Classroom
Free Craft Ideas
OUR FAVORITE CRAFT IDEA:
Christmas Train - from Kid's Domain
Make ornaments or decorations using an assortment of candies - a train, a race car, a plane, or a reindeer. These can be hung on trees, tied to packages, or used as decorations on a table. Young children will need supervision with the low temp hot glue gun, but it works a lot better than craft glue.
What you Need:
- Low temp hot glue gun
- Ribbons or yarn for hanging
- 1 large package of gum (1 1/4" x 3" x 3/4")
- 4 round wrapped candies (I used peppermints)
- 1 shiny wrapped candy about 1 1/4" long
- 2 mini chocolate bars (1 1/2" x 1" x 3/8") I got mine from Hershey's in a big bag
How to Make It
- Glue the shiny candy to the front of the gum pack as a bumper. Wrap the extra wrapping around the edges of the pack.
- Glue the 4 round candies on as wheels.
- Glue the 1 candy bar on the back half of the car, allowing it to stick off the back by a 1/4 of an inch or so.
- Glue the other candybar across the back of that candybar, having at least 1/2 of it extending past the edge of the lower candybar. Look at the illustration and experiment.
Elite Craft Merchants